26.10.06

crux


The first three advance copies of Luca Antara, the book, arrived on Monday, 23rd October, coincidentally the birthday of my younger son & my maternal grandmother. Looks good. Course, I can't actually read it anymore, having been through it so many times before, looking for errors. I pick it up, open it at random, read a few paras, put it down again. It's funny when you see a book for the first time. Apart from the glaring imperfections in the writing - which perhaps others won't see - there's also the anxious scanning for New Things. Except there are no New Things, just what you put in it ... but the production is fine & it is a nice object. I like the paper it's on. Booksellers & Publishers reviewed it & gave it 4 stars, but haven't seen the review yet & don't know if it's 4/5 or 4/10 or 4/100 ...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats and well done.
Wrap it in swaddling clothes. Nuzzle it.

JC said...

congratulations on the book!

jh said...

As I said previously, congrats on the new book. Maybe your next one could be called Eta Carinae.

Martin Edmond said...

thank you, all ... the doomed star Eta Carinae, I heard it called once.

Ivy said...

Congratulations and felicitations on your new book! Yay! I think it's a good thing to create art, which brings with it its own power.

It was also great talking with you over the phone while I was in Sydney. Thanks for calling!