17.8.05

rush of blood

... signed a book contract today for Luca Antara ...

Maybe that's why I changed the format of this blog? Don't know, it happened before I realised what I was doing. Something about the way the white type on the black background seemed to be decaying before my eyes. Plus the prose had gone single-spaced (I think my elder son Jesse did it, inadvertently, trying to save so he could go back to playing games) and I couldn't restore it to how I wanted it to be. Actually almost deleted the whole blog, it was so tempting to hit that button: tabula rasa!

Anyway, also inadvertently deleted all my links so will now have to restore them one by one ... sometime. Everything is unstable right now, I feel like brushing off the past like dandruff from the shoulders of a black coat ... moving house, finishing (god how I wish) the (untitled) screenplay, finishing ... whatever.

I do not know what will happen in the further, as a soon to be murdered young woman said to me in almost the last conversation I had with her ... years ago now ... I haven't forgotten to remember but feel a need to remember to forget ... what?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin, Great to hear the contract's in the bag.

MFT

Ivy said...

Congratulations on signing the book contract!

Martin Edmond said...

Thanks, guys ...

Jean Vengua said...

congrats & good luck w/the book!

~Nitoo Das~ said...

Martin,
Congratulations.

And the temptation to erase, delete, disappear...I know how that feels!

Martin Edmond said...

thanx Jean ... & ~river~ ... yup, resisted the impulse ... this time ...

richard lopez said...

thanks for not deleting yr blog. the new format looks great, i can understand yr desire for change. and wonderful news that yr book will be published. and working on a screenplay! ah man, that't the shit. perhaps there is a book, or long article, on the mechanics of filmmaking there, from the perspective of an outsider?

Martin Edmond said...

Hi Richard - yeah, I'd love to do something like that one day. Just as I wd like to explain the murder mentioned in the post ... but the time ain't right yet. Gotta get the filum made furst.